Originally Published: 08-26-2017
Renegade’s Pride is the 1st book in the Cahill Ranch Series. This series is about the Cahill family!
This is Lillie’s story.
She loved Trask Beaumont since she was a teen. But when he left without her, she was heartbroken.
Okay, so maybe he has a price on his head and fleeing might have been the best thing, but still.
Trask left Gilt Edge, Montana, when he knew that he wouldn’t be able to escape the charges that were against him. Didn’t matter that he didn’t kill Gordon Quinn.
So the story begins when Trask has finally come back to Gilt Edge to clear his name and to win Lillie back. And he’ll stop at nothing to prove to her that they are meant to be together.
As they start digging into things, they realize that they are in danger, especially Lillie. Someone will stop at nothing to silence them.
Instead of running this time, Trask does what he can and then goes to the sheriff. The sheriff happens to be Lillie’s brother, Flint.
The killer is not who I expected it to be! Was totally surprised at the ending.
Here’s some #bookdetails:
- Lillie and Trask were high school sweethearts before he left.
- Lillie, without realizing it, waited for Trask.
- Trask came back to prove to her and to the town that he was a changed man.
- Lillie is the youngest in the Cahill family and twins with Darby.
- There is only one love scene and it’s mild in its intensity.
- BJ Daniels writes in third person.
- There is no cliffhanger, it’s a complete story.
- There are a few details that are not completed leaving it open for another story. There’s the unresolved case of Jenna Holloway’s disappearance.
- Then there’s the whole thing that is happening with Flint. He’s got a psycho ex-wife and Maggie who she’s targeted.
Can’t wait to read book 2, Outlaw’s Honor, is all about Darby Cahill.